Welcome Sisters

This is our own Relief Society site for our ward. It is a in an effort to bring us closer together. It is another way to feel a part and be connected. This is like another newsletter. I hope you find it encouraging and supportive in our sisterhood. Enjoy!!
This is not an official web site of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints or of the general Relief Society.

Monday, January 3, 2011

Individual Worth

“Live up to the great and magnificent inheritance which the Lord God, your Father in Heaven, has provided for you. Rise above the dust of the world. Know that you are daughters of God, children with a divine birthright. Walk in the sun with your heads high, knowing that you are loved and honored, that you are a part of his kingdom, and that there is for you a great work to be done which cannot be left to others”
-Gordon B. Hinckley

BE LOYAL TO THE ROYAL WITHIN YOU
-Harold B. Lee

“No one of us is less treasured or cherished of God than another. … He loves each of us—insecurities, anxieties, self-image, and all. … He cheers on every runner, calling out that the race is against sin, not against each other.”
-Jeffrey R. Holland

President Gordon B. Hinckley: “I believe in myself. I do not mean to say this with egotism. But I believe in my capacity and in your capacity to do good, to make some contribution to the society of which we are a part, [and] to grow and develop. … I believe in the principle that I can make a difference in this world, be it ever so small.”

p. uchdorf, ‘pride and the priesthood’- Some suppose that humility is about beating ourselves up. Humility does not mean convincing ourselves that we are worthless, meaningless, or of little value. Nor does it mean denying or withholding the talents God has given us. We don’t discover humility by thinking less of ourselves; we discover humility by thinking less about ourselves. It comes as we go about our work with an attitude of serving God and our fellowman.

Ether 12:27: “If men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them”

D&C 121: 45 Let thy abowels also be full of charity towards all men, and to the household of faith, and let bvirtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly; then shall thy cconfidence wax strong in the dpresence of God; and the doctrine of the priesthood shall distil upon thy soul as the edews from heaven.

D&C 18: 10 Remember the aworth of bsouls is great in the sight of God;

Happiness, your Heritage, P. Uchdorf
Helping Children develop Feelings of Self-worth
The Tongue of Angels Jeffrey R. Holland
Confidence and Self-Worth By Elder Glenn L. Pace
Elaine S. Dalton, “He Knows You by Name,” Ensign, May 2005
"Strengthen Your Sense of Self-Worth", Liahona, Aug. 1998
Provident Living articles
Young Women Personal Progress

1 comment:

Martines Family said...

Love all the great quotes. You did a great job Christina!!
-Colleen